Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday March 30,2008











Went out this morning expecting to be run off the lake by torrential rains.....Looks like our weather man hit on the head again....Was joined by Jim Appel soon after I went out .....The weather conditions were perfect ....Too bad the fish didn`t cooperate.....I think maybe we rushed off the stick bait bite a little prematurely .....We all want spring here but you can`t rush the water temp....When I went out it was 45.4 ...We found water as warm as 48 derees in the back of O-cove later on in the day.....I caught one fish on a rouge ....The remainder were all caught on jig and pig ......Mostly out of brush and dock corners.....My jig technique was a little rusty and I missed alot of fish I should have caught .....I am sure Jim would concure.....We saw John Bugg on the lake ...He said he and 6 or 7 crappie ....He emailed me later and said he ended up with twice that and A 18 inch bass.....The crappie must be starting to pick up a little .....Good for John bad for the crappie......I caught most of my fish on a peanut butter and jelly jig.....Had to get with the latest fad .......I went to Bass Pro in Independence yesterday......If you ignore the landscaping it is like all the others ......

No comments: