Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fishing weekend may 16 to 18









Went out Friday with my youngest we just played with the underwater fish camera .....I checked the new artifical structure in the first cove on the south side of o-cove the only fish I saw was one walleye ....went to the w2 brush pile marked crappie red ear and green sunfish all over it.....The castle brush pile was green sunfish and a few crappie ......Went to neal browns brush pile and saw a few bass and crappie... The new artifical out in front of the witt`s was empty of any fish activity....Went out ealy saturday morning ...the bass started out pretty good ...caught them on a jig and worm from 5:30 til 7:30 Jim Appel joined me at 7:30 the sun getting on the extremely clear water seemed to really push the fish deep...It took us a little while to figure this out ....Once we did we started to pick alot more fish ...Jim throwing a texas tube and I used a worm what a surprise....That will be a trend that you will see throughout the summer in Weatherby Worm Fishing season.....Atleast by me ...We went in at 10:00 am and made tentative plans to go out night fishing later in the day ......We got back out at 8:30 the fishing were really hittig in the first couple of hours ....Took alot of fish on the pb&j jig ...I believe jim was using a black spinner bait he connected on some fish with it .....We had a sgnificant lull but the fish started biting again around midnight we went in about 12:30 am.....Overall the night fishing was pretty good ....Normally I would wait for mid june to start night fishing but the clear water made us try it earlier.....We went out for short time on sunday evening Jim carolina rigged and I threw a worm did well until I ran out of gas in my boat......Big tank and a 9.9 you never know when you will run out .....See you on the lake...

No comments: