Monday, April 21, 2008

Tournament on the lake with Appels









Jim Appel had his brother and brother in-law down for a 4 day fish fest.....They had pretty tough fishing conditions thursday and friday....They still managed to catch some fish though.....They did manage to miss the good action on saturday morning ......The sun cleared out the clouds and shut down the bite in the afternoon...They did catch a few but said they had to work for them.....We all were going to meet out on the lake sunday morning...Mike Boultinghouse came up with the idea of a big fish tournament we all agreed to meet back at Jim`s dock at noon....We all put ten bucks up.....We started at 8:00 .....I started out slow but caught a few keepers on a jig to get me started around 9:00 then caught 5 or 6 fish on a crawdad wiggle wart .....I called Jim they said they were having a tough time so I passed on my tip on the wiggle wart...I caught a couple keepers on a lizzard in o-cove .....When 11:00 came around I headed back towards jim`s dock and fished in the u-cove area......Caught a couple short fish on the wart on rocky point .....Finished up with the jig and caught a few more keepers on it ......Mike and Jim never got on track and Bill and mike caught some good fish .....I believe the biggest one was caught in the area of venita ....The final weigh was close big fish was 3.4 and 2nd big fish was 3.3 ......If the others guys would send me the story of how they`re day went I would put on the blog.....All I caught were male fish the big girls havn`t started movig up yet.......See you on the lake ....More little tournaments like this would be awesome fun....Let me know if anyone is interested.....ALL FISH WERE SAFELY RETURNED TO THE LAKE UNHARMED TO FIGHT AGAIN ANOTHER DAY............

No comments: